Another Better Days post. This one was a bit hard for me, well not hard but it needed a bit more thought than my other chapters.
The other chapters have more background info, this time it was just a poem and it was very hard to work with that. It made me want to write a poem as an answer but there was no actual poem writing happening it was just a concept that popped into my head.
This time the questions were something I really liked though. I think they were very straightforward and required me to think about things, which was the same for the previous chapter which I really liked. I don’t think that the chapters are getting better but I think I’m getting more into it all. So the questions were following and as usual you can get my own answers for them. I feel like giving my answers to you guys helps us bond and that’s what matters most, doesn’t it?
- List three things that you like about yourself.
- My creativity
- My looks, especially if I take the time to get ready and take care of myself.
- My ability to positively surprise myself
- I feel like this needs to be explained a bit. The way I have been healing myself is by positively surprising myself. It keeps me motivated and if I know I can do stuff I didn’t think I could then I definitely stay happy and motivated. the thing about that is that usually I’m so shy I don’t try stuff and when I do I get very positively surprised, which means that those positive surprises aren’t too often.
- What does it mean to be gentle to yourself?
- I feel like being gentle to yourself is knowing your body, knowing where your limit is, knowing what to do in order to be happy and not push yourself too far. I feel like this is what being gentle means.
- I also feel like being gentle is also important on the physical aspect because if you torure your physical body then it is hard for your mental health as well.
- How does personal responsibility impact one’s recovery?
- I think it can be a very good motivational point for one because you are aware that you’re on your own and it can be a huge motivational boost.
- On the other hand it can be the exact opposite and when that happens it’s pretty bad. In my case I believe it would be a huge motivational boost because I would be torn out of my comfort zone and I think that is what I need the most right now.